Monica: This is what you are looking for, memorize it...
When I first saw this a while ago I thought "wow that's a cool idea...I wonder if it really exists"...fast forward to January 2009 and I discover...IT DOES!
And Filene's Basement is the brilliant company behind it. Come on, you must have heard of it? For a bride-to-be who wants to dress of her dreams and a price she can afford...there is NO other way to do this.
So, are you interested yet? You should be. Running of the Brides is not only a great experience for the "team" that the bride comes with...it is a gateway to find the dress you've wanted since you were 5.
Don't believe me? According to Filene's Basement FAQs...
- On average there are between 1400 and 3000 dresses!
- And they cost...$249, $499 and $699.
- Original prices between $900...$9,000
Check out this video on Filene's Basement YouTube Channel of their spotlight on Oprah.
Here are some tips you should know...before you go! Courtesy of Filene's web site!
- Recruit your team and assign jobs.
- Create team unity by wearing something matching—for example hats, t-shirts or headbands. This will also help you find each other in the crowd.
- Tear out pages from bridal magazines, or print styles from on-line wedding gown sites to show your team what you’re looking for.
Want to know more? Email Pat Boudrot (of Filene's Basement). She can not only be a ton of help, but she can send you "Strategies for Success at the Running of the Brides"
So what's next?
Enter to win a wedding dress here. WeddingWire and Filene's Basement are giving away gift certificates towards a wedding dress of your choice at each of the
Running of the Brides...coming to a city near you!
PS - if you attend the NYC event on February 18th, you might just see this blogger there!